Monday, August 12, 2013

"Priceless Penny" Kickstarter Campaign Goes Live

Upon completing the manuscript for "Priceless Penny," I remember thinking "Now what?"  I have this amazing story that needs to be told and yet, I have no idea what to do next.  I figured I should try to find an illustrator that could truly capture Penny's incredible spirit.

This was no easy task.  My husband and I looked at over 20 different versions of Penny.  We saw everything from digital concepts to an oil painting.  And I must say, there are some super-talented people out there.  I am jealous!

We selected Ms. Shameema Dharsey from South Africa.  Her cartoon version of Penny is simply adorable.  With an illustrator in place, I blindly groped my way toward the next step.  However, I noticed that there appeared to be a trend:  all of the steps required money.

Now, I definitely believe in paying people for their time and talent.  The only problem is, I am not wealthy.  That is when Ms. Dharsey told me about Kickstarter.com.  Through this website, you can showcase your project to people all over the world.  If people like your project, they can "back" you and make a pledge.

In return for pledges, you can offer varying types of rewards.  I have three different awards for those who wish to support the "Priceless Penny" project.

So, please check out my project's campaign at: 
 
Your support is appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment